We Thank Thee, Oh God, for a Prophet...


VIDEO
ARTICLE

I feel like my heart is broken. It's hard to love someone so much and feel so close to them only to find out about their passing from a forwarded email. I'm sure many of you can relate. For fellow members close to my age, President Hinckley is who we have known as our prophet for practically all of our mature lives. I love this photo of him. It captures so many elements of who he was and the memory of him I'll have in my heart forever. After sobbing over his loss, I was overwhelmed with excitement and joy because I remembered that he's with Sister Hinckley now! What a happy hour it must be in the heavens right now. I love him and I will miss him and his gentle, yet strong direction that was commonly accompanied with his delightful sense of humor. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

I know and testify that President Gordon B. Hinckley is a prophet of God and I feel priviledged to have lived under his guidance for the past 12 years. I hope one day, it will be face to face that I can thank him for all he has done for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment