SCARED

So lately, I feel like I haven't done so well about living in the moment, and found myself getting stressed about all of the things ahead of us and I've also been rather saddened by the response to Prop 8 getting past (goodness gracious), but I had one of those rejuvenating Sundays where I got my oil lamp filled and felt determined to be patient, happy and just chill out, ya know. But then I get tossed a REAL curve ball. Well, I had on my to do list for this week to finally get my Washington State drivers license (I know, it's been like what? Two years now?? Huh.) Anyhow, we we're going skiing in Canada over Thanksgiving and I found out that Washington residents get a discount on their lift pass if we purchase them before this Friday. So--better time than ever to declare my Washington state residency, right? An annoying errand, but it must be done. Well, as I started checking the website and gathering all my ID and proofs, I read that I was supposed to have done this 30 days within becoming a resident. WHAT!?!? And if I didn't, I have to retake the written and driving tests! WHAT?!?! I've never liked driving or cars and its for reasons like this. Now an annoying errand has turned into a stressful nightmare! First, I have to go tomorrow and hope with all my heart they'll lightly scan my documents take an unflattering photo of my head and be done. I've already prepped, hi-lighted and strategically folded my documents so only necessary information is obviously stated and any other information that might casually lead to the fact that I've been here for more than 30 days will be overlooked. I also plan to look well-groomed and put-together. However, if I am ousted, as Phil would say if I you do the crime you have to pay the time. (He on the other hand is finding this whole situation rather amusing.) Yup, that's right I get to re-live drivers ed. Oh goody. Doesn't graduating from high school mean anything anymore? I have to take a written exam and a driving test. I have to study, make an appointment, and come back to take them. And if I don't pass... oh, I can't even think it. Oh the pit in my stomach! Did I mention I hate tests. Then, not only do I still have to pay $50 to get my stupid license, but I don't even get the discount on my lift ticket! Holy shnikeys, I'm nervous. I'm going to wake up and go first thing in the morning so it can be over and done with. Wish me luck. I'll let you know how it goes. And yes, I do realize that this isn't that big of a deal. But for some reason that thought doesn't make the pit in my stomach go away.

3 comments:

  1. I would be scared to death too! I actually took more than 30 days to get my Texas license and I was worried for the same reason. They didn't say anything and didn't make me take any of the tests...though mine was like 45 days, not 2 years, so I'm not sure if maybe they give you a grace period or not :). I was nervous though, because I failed my drivers test the first time around, and I'm sure I drive less perfect now as far as the little rules go...hopefully they won't care!! Keep us posted though, now I'm very curious! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:20 PM

    Good luck dealing with the DMV. My apologies! May you be next in line, not have to take a test and if you are behind someone, may they have bathed that day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I need to change mine too! I didn't think of this possibility!

    ReplyDelete