Happy Due Date!

(Photo: I personally titled "Waiting")
Sorry for failing to post for awhile...I know it sounds silly, but I thought maybe I would go into labor or something like that and lets face it, women about to go into labor have a lot more important things to do than blog...like watching reruns of Saved by the Bell and Forbes Top 100 most influential celebrities. But now that we're here and I'll most likely see my due date come and go, I thought it was high time to post. Although my current state has seemed to strip my brain of anything clever to say...no worries there are a lot of other people who are just full of interesting things to say.

My Favorite Top 7 Nine-Month-Pregnant Comments:


7. "You poor thing. You shouldn't be here," chuckles coworker, Teresa. (why is she chuckling)

6. "You're still here?" questions coworkers, Diana, Joel, Deena, Janie, Melina, & Francis

5. "Don't worry, we won't let you go more than two weeks past due." laughs my doctor who says in a way where she actually thinks she is being comforting.

4. "I knew you had to be getting close because I looked at you and thought, she looks SO MUCH bigger than the last time I saw her....you probably don't want to here that, huh," says the nurse who first beams and then gets quiet after she realizes what she just said.

3. "Jazzy, how can we get this going for you?" chats cute, concerned, friend Brittney

2. "Jasmine, did you forget what you were supposed to do today?" says coworker Phil in with a very concerned look on his face like I had just forgotten to give birth (this one made me laugh-- one of my favorites)

1. "It's good to see you today." says coworker John, whose tact makes me grateful his cube is the one next to mine.


2 comments:

  1. Haha, hang in there! I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy! I know there will be more important things for you to do than post pictures on your blog...but know that you'll have anxious viewers checking daily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! You're going to have a baby?! Congrats! I am so glad you found my blog and that we can now catch up with each other's lives. I feel like it was yesterday that we were practicing those dang toe-touchers. ;)
    Thanks for always being such a wonderful friend and example to me Jazzy. I'm glad to see that you are still doing wonderful.
    Love ya tons!-- Jaci

    ReplyDelete