Our dear, sweet leader--You will be missed


While driving to work this morning, I heard of the most unfortunate news--our beloved President Faust past away last night. I was overwhelmed with emotion and felt a tiny piece of my heart break for our leader's death and the loss of one of the best men the world has ever known.


After reading articles about his passing, I was impressed to learn about his many, many accomplishments and awards that reflected many of his great deeds throughout this life. I never knew half of these things. However, after looking at pictures of his sweet face I also knew what he considered his biggest accomplishments that were often left out of the news articles. Those I imagine to be first and foremost, his family and the service he rendered on behalf of the Gospel of our Savior, Jesus Christ.


I never knew or even shook the hand of our dear President Faust, but I'll always feel a connection with him because of the many things I was able to learn from him. A couple that immediately stand out is a story he told of when he was moved to tears for the sorrow he felt when as a very young boy when his grandma had asked him to do a small favor and he chose not to. I think of how many times did I disobey my parents (or grandparents) when I was 9 or 10 and have completely forgotten about it, let alone remembering it 70 years with a such a Christlike attitude? Another of his teachings that will stay with me is his most recent General Conference address about forgiveness. Sharing amazing examples of Christlike forgiveness and what blessings forgiveness can bring. And of course, his testimony of Jesus Christ himself. These are the teachings I feel blessed to take with me because of this great man and his faithful and dutiful relationship with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
A heart full of gratitude goes out to this man who I hope I will be able to meet one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment