va-CAY-tion




So after youth conference, Phil, Ryder and I headed out the very next day to Utah. We tried out driving through the night in hopes Ryder would sleep most of the time and unfortunately worked like a gem so we decided to drive though the night on the way home as well. We got home early yesterday morning and think we're almost recovered from our week-o-fun. We arrived at my parents house last Monday and did some shoppin' and chillin' for the first couple of days we were there. Thursday we took off to Jackson Hole for the 4th of July weekend. I have been to Jackson a number of times on family vacations and hadn't been there for years. It was the first time Phil had ever visited the area so I was excited to say the least. Thursday we went to Jenny's Lake first, took the boat across and hiked back. It was beautiful and Ryder fell asleep sideways in his backpack on the way back, so cute. That evening we took it easy browsing shops and getting ice cream. Friday the boys went whitewater rafting while the babes and ladies went to the parade. After the men got home we switched and the girls went to lunch and did some more shopping. That night we went to the Bar J Wranglers dinner and show (very fun). Saturday we went to breakfast and headed home. This was my family's first attempt at a vacation all together (except for my brother and his family, who were greatly missed) with babies and toddlers and it came of as a success! Thanks mom and dad for putting it all together! It was so fun for me to visit that area again. I love, love, love it there. I'm definitely more of a mountain girl. Hopefully, we'll get to do it all again sooner than later. (More photos will come soon...our camera broke while we were there (sad) but here are a few I was able to copy from the website of the rafting trip).


This isn't the best photo, but you get the idea. Phil is the second one back on the left. My dad is behind him and Bro-in-law, Sean, is second one back on the right (this was right before he got thrown in :)


Here is the best one of Phil, but you can't see my dad or Sean :(


Now we're safely back home trying to get back to our routine. I feel like I've been out of my life here for weeks, so getting back into the swing of things will be nice. I have to write a post about Ryder and all of the cute things he has been doing. He does something new every day. And finally, I plan on making my blog private here in the next couple of weeks so get ready to send me your emails! That is all.

9 comments:

  1. So I guess I wont be able to blog stalk you anymore, oh well but I would like you to add me to your blog. Lindsee (Barnes) Haney lindseekaye@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a blast. I love Jackson Hole. I've only been there once and it was years ago and we did the white water rafting. Of course I got pulled in and the water was freezing. I look forward to more pics!! And I would love to be able to still see your blog my email is jdunn0503@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a vacation!!!

    laurajex@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had fun. I'm glad you're back - you were missed! And I'm assuming I don't need to send you an email since I'm expecting you to invite me automatically! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your vacations sounds a lot like one my family did a couple of years ago. Jackson Hole is so fun.
    bonnysharp@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy va-CAY to you! I'm glad you had such a great time. Sounds like a blast. I need to talk my 'rents into doing something like that.
    add me to the list sweet girl. I don't want to lose touch.
    jaciudy{at}gmail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adult sibs are SO much fun to hang with. We have done it a couple of times now. Glad your back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great time in UT/Jackson! I love Utah summmers!! I definitely want to stay on your list..please add me!
    kami.capener@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Add me to your list!! rexshaunalarson@gmail.com
    It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! I want to go to Jackson since I have never been there. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete