OH, HELLO YOU

Goodness me, where does the time go? I miss blogging and for some reason have found it hard to find the time to do so these last couple of weeks. I never posted a Happy Thanksgiving. I never posted about all the things I was grateful for. I forgot our camera over Thankgiving so there are no pictures to post. AND I colored and cut my hair without mentioning a word of it to any of you (miracles happen). What's my problem? I think a lot of it has to do with the holidays. Besides a busier schedule I feel as though my creative energies are used up through other outlets... and perhaps a bit of laziness. Anyhow, no matter the reason, here is a list of some of the things we've been up to along followed by a list of the things I am terribly grateful for: What we've been up to...
  • First of all, Thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving with Phil's parents and little sister, Jaimie. We drove up to Whistler, BC to go skiing. We spent most of Wednesday evening in the car. Ryder was a great sport for the 5 hour drive both ways. We spent most of Thursday attempting the slopes. A little more drama then we had hoped for...lets just say taking it involved searching for a never-existing lodge that only got us stuck with Ryder atop a freezing cold moutain. Again, he was a trooper. I felt horrible. There was a lack of planning on our part that made a bunch of tiny mistakes accumulate into a one big one. I hope I never have to see Phil skiing while holding one of our babies again. (We are very blessed Phil could ski in his sleep if he had to and that Ryder fell asleep during the whole thing. But still...)
  • Once we had arrived safely back to the bottom Phil's parents took us to a Thanksgiving buffet at the Hilton which was delicious and returned back to our condo to watch a couple of movies in good old Thanksgiving fashion. The next day, we scoped out Whistler Village where it started snowing BEAUTIFUL big snow flakes and then started our journey home.
  • Saturday morning (the very next day) we were up bright and early to go to the temple. Jaimie (Phil's little sister) received her endowments. She reports to the MTC February 4 to start training for a her mission in Slovenia. It was one of my more memorable visits to the temple. Great morning.
  • The rest of this week I was busy practicing to sing and play at our Relief Society enrichment party on Tuesday (by myself) and for a ward Christmas party this morning (with the band). Tuesday went okay, although I felt it wasn't my best, but I was a lot more nervous than usual for some reason. Today's gig went great. Things always go smoother when your relaxed and having fun.
I am grateful for...
  • My boys. Oh they are cute and wonderful. Last night I wasn't feeling well, so I just sat there on the couch watching them both as Phil fed Ryder dinner and got him ready for bed and thought to myself how rather lucky I am. I'm smitten with them both.
  • Family. Oh how I missed my family over the holidays!!! Phil and I are so blessed to have such wonderful families.
  • The temple.
  • Elder Wirthlin. Many of his words have had a great impact on me. One of my favorite quotes is "Kindness is the essence of a celestial life".
  • Our home and other wants and necessities.
  • Christmas!
  • Health and happiness
  • Our ward
  • Blogging
Well, that's just a few anyhow. A belated Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great update. You sounded wonderful when you sang at RS. When you are as talent as you are, even when you think it was less then perfect, the rest of us think it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete